Young Lawyers Section (YLS)
The Young Lawyers Section of the Anchorage Bar Association introduces new attorneys to the practice of law and the local legal community.
Attorneys who are under 36 years of age or in their first five years of practice who join the Anchorage Bar Association are eligible for membership in YLS.
Typically, attorneys in their first year of practice in Alaska and judicial law clerks qualify for free Affiliate Membership in the Anchorage Bar Association. In 2022, the Anchorage Bar voted to extend free membership to all YLS-eligible members for the year.
For Anchorage Bar membership information and applications, click on the “Membership” tab above.
YLS engages in a variety of service, social, and networking opportunities, including:
- Mock Trial — Educating high school students on the legal system
- Race Judicata — The Annual 5K Race benefiting Anchorage Youth Court
- Mentorship and Networking
- Summer Activities — Including league softball, and a camping trip
- and more!
YLS Officers 2022
- President: Nick DeFiesta
- Vice President: Laura Boyer
- Co-Secretaries: Corbin Brooks and Jenn Teitell
- Co-Treasurers: Chloe Roddy and Noah Star
- Social Chair: Madeline Magnuson
Connect with Us!
To contact YLS for any reason — whether it’s to join the YLS mailing list, post job openings to be circulated to YLS members, seek event sponsorship, or more — or your organization has any job openings you would like circulated to YLS members, please contact email@example.com.